There are certain aspects that patients should know before performing this operation, and these are:
– Know what exactly needs to be improved: the examination performed by the plastic surgeon before the intervention is very important because it is necessary to detect the part of the nose that is altered, for example, the tip may be wide, narrow or fall, or also that the bark is sunken or very protruding, which is usually the most frequent, and in some cases it may have deviated, due to trauma or thus from birth. All this will have to be taken into account to know what has to be corrected, what is the patient’s most concerned, and, finally, what can be corrected.
– The problem may be the chin: Another congenital deformity that occurs in the face is nasal hypertrophy that is associated with the retroposition of the chin or short chin, in these cases it is necessary to perform a profile last that consists of, in addition to correcting the nose, increasing the chin, obtaining an excellent result.
– The Rhinoplasty intervention consists of correcting all the nasal structures and giving a harmonious shape to the nose with the rest of the face, it is not only about leaving it perfectly in shape, but must be proportionate with the measurements of the face
– Do not forget the functionality of the nose: in addition to its aesthetic importance on the face, this part of our body has great functional importance in the breathing process, since the nasal mucosa is adequate to introduce air into the lungs. For this reason, a good specialist will treat the case when studying the nose not only from the aesthetic point of view but also from the functional point of view and if the respiratory function is decreased or altered, make a correction in the same intervention, to improve so the breath of it.
– They are becoming faster operations, and the recovery period is shorter: it is important to know that the intervention is performed under general anesthesia, and normally you have to be admitted to the clinic one day. During the postoperative period, the patient will stay one week with a plaster, protecting the nasal bones, and with plugs that will be removed after 48 hours. Although the procedure is not painful, the periocular area is likely to swell a little. But this swelling will disappear, and it will not be until after a month when the patient begins to see the result, and definitely after a few months.
– Always put yourself in the hands of professionals, like any other operation, this must always be performed by a professional surgeon, and when undergoing it, you must know which certifications endorse the professionalism of the specialist. One of the most important is membership in medical societies, such as the European Rhinoplasty Society. It is important to demand that the surgeon who is going to intervene, you know all the advances in rhinoplasty techniques, since nowadays open rather than closed techniques are performed, which also achieve more precision and perfect results.